Bemidji Crude-Oil Project
USGS IN YOUR STATE
USGS Water Science Centers are located in each state.
Data Available to Download
Please note that all files below contain PROVISIONAL DATA and are SUBJECT TO REVISION
CURRENT Water Level Data
All publications since 2016 require publication of data. Most of these data sets are available through the ScienceBase Bemidji Community Page
CURRENT Well, Core, and Other Equipment Construction Information (.xlsx files) - Updated 4/2019
NOTE: we are migrating these data to ScienceBase in the future.
Water Quality Data for the Bemidji Site
- Current Water Level Conditions at the Site (real-time continuous data):
- Map interface for viewing indvidual well water levels This is the 'Minnesota Bemidji Toxics Oil Spill Research Site Network', which is available through the USGS Groundwater Watch database. Information from these wells is served via the Internet through NWISWeb, the USGS National Water Information System Web Interface. The Groundwater Watch database provides basic statistics about the water level data at each specific well. All Bemidji Toxics wells are included in this network, however, Groundwater Watch only displays sites that have water levels measured at them in the last 13 months.
- Master Discrete Water and Oil Level Observations from 1983 through present, including metadata [.xlsx] This is the master compilation of discrete water and oil level measurements made with steel or electronic tapes in all wells at Bemidji site since 1983. These are the same water level data as in the map interface link above, but merged with more detailed local site information and oil level data. This file is more useful for data analysis than the map interface link above.
- Lake and Wetland levels: Lake and Wetland.xlsx
Plots of Water Quality Data (.pdf format)
- All publicly available water quality data from the Bemidji site that is stored in the USGS NWIS system can be retrieved using the following two files:
- out_qryNWISQW.xlsx contains water quality data through the 2018 field session.
Data from Continous Data Collection Sites
ARCHIVE Discrete Water Level Data Files:
The water level files have not been updated past 2012. All of these data have been compiled in the file available as Master Discrete Water and Oil Level Observations from 1983 through present. Two versions of each file are available: Microsoft Excel(.xlsx) and tab delimited text (.txt). Some txt files may be incomplete.
- Time series plots of groundwater pH, temperature, specific conductance, dissolved oxygen, and dissolved iron by well, 1998-2012
- Cross section contour plots of groundwater pH, temperature, specific conductance, dissolved oxygen, and dissolved iron along the north well transect by year, 1998-2012 (ALL WELLS)
- Cross section contour plots of groundwater pH, temperature, specific conductance, dissolved oxygen, and dissolved iron along the north well transect by year, 1998-2012 (Wells above 414.5 meters NAVD88)
ARCHIVE Precipitation data:
- Water and oil levels for wells
at the Bemidji site measured with an e-line or
ARCHIVE Chemical data: