USGS IN YOUR STATE
USGS Water Science Centers are located in each state.
- National NAWQA
- Stream stages and discharges for the US. Brought to you by the USGS.
- North Central River Forecast Center Information about regional precipitation, snow depths, and flash flood guidance, brought to you by the National Weather Service.
- Minnesota River Basin Agricultural Resources and Research Information about water-quality and best-management practices in the Minnesota River Basin, which is substiantially affected by agriculture. This page is written by the Department of Soil, Water, and Climate at the University of Minnesota and includes a link to the Yahoo Search Engine.
- Riverview Times Published mid-monthly on the west side of St. Paul, this newspaper has news and cultural stories about the Upper Mississippi River and a bookstore offering River literature.
- Big River Published monthly in Winona, MN, this newsletter has a calendar of River activities and River-related news stories covering the River from St. Cloud, MN to the Quad Cities.
- Great River Page Weather reports, river-related news, chat-room and travel guides are featured on this web page written by Pat Middleton.
- Upper Midwest Environmental Sciences Center (UMESC) located in LaCrosse, Wisconsin, offers a wide range of biological, physical, spatial, and technical data collected in the Upper Mississippi River Basin.
- Mississippi Headwaters Board The joint-powers board of the first 8 counties in the Upper Mississippi Drainage Basin is charged with protecting and preserving the natural resources of the first 400 miles of the Mississippi River. Their web site has information on the mission of the board and on water-quality monitoring conducted under its River Watch Project.
- Minnesota Extension Service Site offers summary of water-quality programs at the University of Minnesota, complete texts of several water-quality publications, listing of water-quality extension faculty, and details about ongoing projects.
- Minnesota Office of Environmental Assistance This site contains links to a wide variety of sites with environmental information related to Minnesota.
- University of Minnesota Water Resources Research Center Information about UM-WRR research activities and publications including their monthly newsletter Minnegram and links to many water-related sites.
- James Ford Bell Museum Information about fishes of Minnesota.
The sites listed above are for informational purposes only. Their listing does not constitute an endorsement of any commercial products or publications presented on those pages.